Monday, February 28, 2011

Robbed at gunpoint.

So I've been considering attending the Art Institute here in San Francisco & I've got a fellow military veteran friend that goes there too. So I sent him an email asking for advice on the place. He responded and told me he was heading to a comedy event in West Oakland where there's a veteran comedian every Sunday & asked if I cared to join. I met him @ the bart station & we rode over to W. Oakland. We were walking the few blocks to the club & talking about Art Institute when we hear footsteps running up behind us. We turn around and there's two guys, one pointing a .357 revolver at my boy Greg. They tell us to give them all our shit, wallets, phones, keys, even my camera. Then they bounced.

Happened so fucking fast. It was (& still is) surreal. Didn't have shit so we rolled over to a corner store to try to use their phone & call the cops, but dude behind the counter was bullshitting us like his phone didn't work. So we walked back to bart & got a bart cop to call Oakland PD. Was there giving police reports for another 45 minutes. They gave us a bart ticket to get back to the city, and luckily I had my bus transfer from the way over.

What can you say? It's pretty comical how easily somebody can do that shit now that I think about it. Even if I had a gun I don't think I'd want to start a shootout over some bullshit possessions... I'm just stoked that my homie & I were unscathed.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones