Sunday, May 16, 2010

Do Republicans resemble 1984's 'Proles' to anyone else?

I do not hate blue-collar Republicans.  I pity them, just as I pitied the Proles from George Orwell's seminal book '1984'.  What I loathe are elites who engage in misinformation and manipulation in order to maintain control over the masses, while espousing hatred and discontent toward any sort of intellectualism- and labeling it 'liberal elitism'.  It is only through maintaining an ignorant electorate that the profiteering and warmongering is able to go on.  Knowledge is for the masses, but it's been painted with a scarlet letter.  It just makes me sad.

The outcome is that our fellow humans (beautiful, vibrant people) elsewhere in the world are subjugated as the servants to capitalism, while our standards domestically are maintained with some semblance of 'freedom'.  Nobody sees the dire situations across the rest of the world, and they carry on in ignorant bliss.

Ok I'm putting a sock in it.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones